We carry decorative stone, rock and gravel for use around your home.
Add decorative stone to your landscape with a variety of stone options to suit your tastes. We carry decorative stone, rock and gravel for use around your home. Stones can be used for mulch, ground cover, driveways and filler around sidewalks and patios.
Colors range from very subtle tan to dark brown; pink to barn red; light to dark gray. Some individual stones even contain a mixture of colors and veins. Great for use in landscape beds, around pools and ponds, walkways & drainage areas.
Select from our many varieties of natural stone to enhance your yard or garden.
Weight Information: One cubic foot of rock typically weighs about 100 pounds. You need to calculate the square footage of the area you want to cover and then multiply by the depth of stone you intend to use. This gives you the cubic feet of stone needed.
- 1 cubic yard covers approximately 108 sq. ft. at 3″ thick.
- 1 cubic yard covers approximately 81 sq. ft. at 4″ thick.
- 1 cubic yard covers approximately 54 sq. ft. at 6″ thick.
- 1 cubic yard of rock weighs approximately 3,000 pounds depending on density of the type of rock.
Factors to consider when selecting landscaping stones:
- Local, regional and indigenous stone are more cost effective.
- It is easier to walk on small rounded stones, such as river rock or finely crushed rock, for walkways, paths and dog runs.
- Limestone gravel may change the acidity of the soil and impact growing plants when used for applications such as ground cover or in planting beds.
- Landscape fabric is preferred over plastic sheeting as it allows soil to breath and decreases rock settling and the need for additional rock fill.
- Choose stones for ground cover carefully because large areas will require more work should you decide to replace it.
- Rock mulch and stone ground cover help to inhibit weed growth and retain moisture, but consider that stone also absorbs and reflects heat, which can dry out some plantings.
- Choose hard stones for driveways and areas with vehicular traffic.