Flowable fill is a substitute for compacted gravel. It has many qualities superior to compacted gravel such as: uninformity, known strength in place, higher bearing capabilities, less permeable, more stable, sets under water, no equipment or labor. Mixes can be designed for strengths from excavatable 50 psi – 150 psi or non excavateble up to 1500 psi in 28 days. Flowable fill should NOT be used in place of concrete. There are some current uses of materials which call for low-strength concrete in which it could be used.
- A flowable mixture which contains cement, sand, flyash, water and/or foam admixtures. Each mix is designed, batched and its flowability adjusted by the Ready Mix Supplier for the needs of each specific use.
- Mixed and delivered to the job site in ready-mix trucks, precisely batched at Delaware Valley Concrete
- Fill can be designed to pump through a regular concrete pump, a mud jack pump, or grout pump by the proper use of air, water and/or flyash.
- Flowable fill is an environmentally safe material that can be disposed of as regular construction material.
- Flowable fill can even be placed into a hole full of water and it will set up properly with the desired compaction.
- Flowable fill can be heated and can be lump free in cold weather. This is instead of regular gravel materials, which are usually full of frost and lumps in the winter. After pouring it is best to protect the Flowable Fill with hay or blankets in cold weather.