We are looking for energetic, hardworking people to join our Quality Control Department as Quality Control Technicians. Experience preferred but will train the right applicants.
This full-time position for a Quality Control Technician includes all aspects of quality control testing, record keeping and production problem troubleshooting. Hours can vary according to according to need. Must be reliable, and have good communication skills. Will train the right candidates
Job Title: QC Technician
Reports To: QC Manager
Classification: Hourly, Non-exempt
Responsible for quality testing of our ready mix products at our plant locations and our customer job sites.
- Performs quality control tests on aggregate and concrete products including but not to, field testing (slump, air content, unit weight, yield, cylinders, etc.), gradations on production aggregates, and lab work (compression testing and scheduling). Mixes and tests trial batches.
- Transport test cylinders to the lab, log, strip and mark cylinders, break cylinders.
- Observe and record sampling and test abnormalities.
- Maintains accurate and current documentation of testing procedures and results.
- Maintains lab area and lab equipment according to industry quality control standards.
- Maintains all necessary certifications for testing procedures.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures.
- Keeps shop clean and organized to promote professionalism, safety and efficiency
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor or other management employees.
- High School diploma or equivalent, College Degree preferred
- Six months of related experience or training is preferred in a lab or QC setting
- ACI Concrete Field Tech Level I but will train the right candidate
- Current valid driver’s license required.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret information
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English