Delaware Valley Concrete is hiring for Dispatch/Customer Service. Must have previous dispatch experience.
Job Title: Dispatcher/Customer Service
Reports To: Dispatch/Logistics Manager
Classification: Hourly Non-exempt
Under the direct supervision of the Dispatch Manager, responsible for taking product orders directly from customers and entering information accurately and timely to ensure accurate product mix, job location and delivery time.
- Receives customer orders over the phone for shipment of concrete. Reviews information with customer to ensure sufficient quantities and materials are ordered and that delivery dates, addresses, directions and any special instructions are accurate.
- Accurately and quickly inputs orders for delivery. Ensure information is entered accurately to avoid erroneous deliveries and errors.
- Negotiate with customer’s acceptable delivery times to prevent lost orders.
- Coordinate with dispatcher to avoid delivery conflicts.
- Forward same day orders to dispatcher immediately to ensure prompt action is taken.
- Monitors orders to avoid scheduling conflicts.
- Use dispatching system to determine scheduling orders for customers for future work.
- Document customer complaints and forward to Dispatch Manager.
- Communicate to Management and Sales all significant occurrences and problems.
Ensures resolution of customer issues, complaints and concerns. Resolves customer issues with both diplomacy and professionalism.
- Performs dispatching duties as needed.
- Generate daily and weekly reports.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Experience: Minimum 1 (1) years’ experience dispatching commercially licensed vehicles preferred.
Previous experience dispatching ready mix concrete trucks preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Must have sufficient level of education to understand oral and written instructions of a technical nature relating to products and vehicles. Must be able to handle frequent distractions from radios and phones Must be able to read and understand maps, road instructions.